Tuesday 16 August 2016

I WAX MY FACE






So my dark facial hair out stayed it's welcome years ago. From the first comment thrown at me from a boy I fancied. Oh the horror! The embarrassment! 

It did absolute wonders for my self esteem in my teens.

 I tried bleaching and other things to get rid of it. But I was still unhappy and extremely self conscious. I felt like I was the only girl in school who suffered from facial hair. I had a uni-brow, mustache and dark side burns. I would literally stare at girls upper lips to get a climbs of any hair just so I can tell myself that I'm not the only one. Oh how i wished I was a blonde haired blue eyed skinny girl with bald lips and private parts.  I won't even get into the changing room scenario for gym when your mother still buys you granny knickers and you're one of the first to hit puberty. Don't you just miss your awkward pre teen self and the school days...

Anyways fast forward a few more years and I decided to wax my whole face. I just wanted a bald face and waxing was the way to do that. I didn't want anyone to tell me 'oh don't worry, so and so also has dark side burns' because even those it was nice to know I wasn't the only one, It was still unwanted. As uncomfortable as it can be, it is definitely worth it, for me personally. it doesn't grow back thicker, my skin feels so smooth and my make up looks better plus I have NO HAIR. The main goal here! It helped in some way for my self esteem but not as much as I expected. I was still as self conscious as ever over the littlest thing. 

You see there is a fine line between learning to love yourself and changing something about you that makes you so unhappy. 

There was nothing more satisfying to me that when I was around 17 years old. That boy I fancied back in my pre teens who made a comment about my facial hair, offered to buy me a drink on a night out and to take me home. I 'politely' declined his offer and the pre teen girl inside of me was screaming "YOU GO GIRL." 

I certainly didn't need approval from a man or that man for sure. I needed to learn to love myself for who I am. You can change the way you look but you can't change who you are. I've been with some shitty men who would openly admit they didn't like something about my appearance and for me change it. Them men aren't worth your time ladies. Trust me. 

My fiance has watched me wax my hair, watched it grow back over weeks and weeks and guess what. He is still here and still wants to have sex with me. He has never in an arugment used my insecurities to hurt my feelings either and we have been together for 6 years. Such things like "go and shave your hairy face!" or "your eyebrows are shit." Those comments would hurt my feelings. He just usually calls me a psycho. Which isnt even an insult to me. I am quiet proud he thinks I have a psychotic side. It shows he fears me in some way, it keeps him in line. I think we all have a little Harley Quinn inside of us. It has taken me years to master my inner psycho. You dont need to get a criminal record by smashing a mans car up to show how piss off you are. No man is worth that hassle. If you need to show how mad you are about something and your inner spycho is approaching the surface start to cook him food. Display mad crazy eyes and just start laughing out aloud hysterically now and again. Hahahaha...it works. 
 On a serious note ...find a man that loves you for you but firstly please learn to love yourself. 

Learning to love yourself, warts and all is  an extremely hard task. For me the only way you can do that is through age and who you surround yourself with. Age and experience does wonderful things to your mind. Don't you wish you could go back and tell yourself a few things you have learnt over time!? Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you. You will see the world through different eyes. 
When you truly have master the art of 'giving no fucks' you stop comparing yourself to others. You start to live in this bubble where you wouldn't know if planet melted at your feet because your too busy ignoring the world. 

I'm still learning every day to give no fucks. It's a process. Although I still choose to wax my face it doesn't define me and my self esteem. 

If you are thinking of waxing your face I have a video link below on how I do it and also some tips. Just a little disclaimer I am no professional so if you have never waxed before seek advise from a professional first. If you have experience, It doesn't hurt half as much as a bikini line wax. If you can do that...girl I worship your pain threshold.  I hope you like the video. And as always

Be Brave


Jade 
XxX
My Links
YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/upload
TWITTER jadefarrell26
SNAPCHAT jadefarrell26
INSTAGRAM jadefarrell26


No comments:

Post a Comment